Calipers are the same for both 8 and 10 lug.

How can I say this simply?
From either axle you can remove hub/rotor and caliper bracket all as one package deal and fit it to the spindle of either the 8 lug or the 10 lug front axle.

Feel like were going round and round in circles now not learning anything new. I thought the question has been answered and it's not a good idea to swap your 10 lug stuff out for 8 lug because of the reduced brake size?

In the end if you want to run big tires and have more weight capacity you can/should swap the entire front axle for something larger and suitable. Swapping in parts from a lighter axle doesn't gain you anything that I see.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-