I know this is an old post, but I just spoke with Steve at Buffalo about purchasing a two groove 292 harmonic balancer for my '52 216. Steve makes the two groove balancers to order and will make any combination of groove widths that you want. I decided on a 5/8" grove (closest to engine) for a the stock water pump and gen/alt setup. The outer groove will be 3/8" for the more common a/c compressor pulley size.

Steve charges $225 (plus shipping) whereas, Dale Mfg. charges $190 to rebuld your stock 216 balancer. No brainer to go two groove setup for versatility. I will be drilling and tapping the crank snout as well.

Edit: After more thought, I am thinking 3/8" for both pulleys. I think this will allow the use of a '53 216 water pump (3/8"), and common alternator pulley. So, can I just purchase a stock 292 vibration dampner and will it fit on the 216?

Last edited by DavidF; 01/07/2013 2:11 PM.