Raleigh58,
I happened by the dealer selling the '50 1/2 ton you were looking at today. I was driving my '51 burb, I talked to guy for a while (nice guy) and even drove the truck on capitol blvd. Things got very funky above 40 miles an hour. Steering is loose, and probably has a bad shock or broken spring in a tie rod end. Engine runs well although the Rochester carb (a holly rebuild by the sticker) leaks. Tranny seems OK. Brakes seem OK. Tires need replacing, The paint is not original, the dash has been painted with a brush, the speedometer is not working, neither is the amp gauge.
Rear bumper is bashed in, some rust in the floor in the usual places, but not much. Doors seem good.
You know, it would be a reasonable deal for $3,000. No way where I sit for $9,500. But somebody might bite. Lot of folks with money here in Raleigh.
I think he is really thinking about keeping it for himself. It sure is an attention getter though, He had three people stop to look at it while I was there.
The rusty hub caps have been replaced with shiny new ones, by the way.
Kurt