Hi, starsfan, did you just fill up the tank just before the problem started. About 2 years ago I got a bad tank of gas and found out that is way more than E10.( Maybe E30)( The fuel was sold as up to 10% ethanol) The truck stalled about 1 block from the gas station. I checked the carb and fuel pump and they were clean. I pumped out about 2 gallons of fuel and then it would run poorly. I used about 1/3 of a tank and filled up at a different brand gas station and then the truck ran a lot better. And a second note, today at work another mechanic was winterizing a stern drive and it would not start. It turned out that it needed new spark plugs. The old plugs looked very good.


Keep the 216's running. 1949 1/2 ton model #1314 (US 3104) Brian