Originally Posted by Keith_Kubosh
...I was thinking about this today, can I get the tire on with a tire machine if I were to stitch weld the rim together?
Nope, won't happen.
The multi piece wheels are multi piece for a reason, it's necessary to install the tire.
Newer one piece tubeless wheels have a dropped center that the bead nestles in while it's stretched/slipped over the rim. You can not put a tire over the rim on a wheel without a dropped center.

If your wheels are good use them as they were made to be used.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-