If you aren't familiar with the background of my plight, the PO decided to try to lower the truck on the cheap by flipping the axle. I've tried nearly every set up I can think of since then with the latest being running the leaves over the top of the axles like they're supposed to be ran. Having only a floor jack and some jack stands, I had it up as far as possible and was still needing another 6" of lift before I was going to be able to get the driver's side leaf put back on. I decided to play Superman and try to bend the leaf down. It went a few inches down. big_eek

Time for new springs!!?!? I'd say!! Maybe this is why even with air shocks, I can't seem to get the frame off of the axle.

So now I'm looking at springs. And finding some 4 bar set ups as well. With a price difference of $20 cheaper for leaf springs shipped, I'm thinking the 4 bar is the way to go. Plus as this will be my daily driver, I'm thinking that the ride will be improved.

Has anyone here done one? Suggestions? Precautions? grin

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but as it isn't a "stock" set up, I figured there'd be more people in this one that may have done this upgrade already.

Last edited by f18delta; 09/20/2012 4:59 PM.