| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | I am not sure exactly what rear end you have but its probably an eaton HO 33 which has a gear ratio of 3.90:1 I have a 56 1/2 or 3100 with a 235 an what I am planning on doing is rebuilding the 235 motor keeping the original 4 spd which is a SM 420 transmission. I also have 3.90:1 eaton HO33 rear end. I know of a company in Casa Grande, AZ called Patrick's that have a kit that will fit into your rear end with 3.38:1 gears which will get you speeds on freeway of 70MPH. Thats what I will do to mine. Ifyou are looking to put a auto transmission OD will help you. There is another company called Advanced Adapters Inc. that was going to supply me with an adapter if i ever decided to put a v-8 in mine Hope that helps. call Patricks they can help he help me decide on what to do.
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | |
| |
| |