| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,467 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | Sorry for my confusion. I misread the shop manual. I thought they were reaming the spindle itself but it was the bushing in the spindle that got reamed. They show bushing reaming tools for standard, 0.010 and 0.20 oversize.
I'm going to buy a standard size kit since one of the thrust bearings is cracked. I'll then punt and bring it to my favorite big truck shop.
Thanks, guys!
1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |