The axle holes in my '41 were out of round even though the bushings were not badly worn. I used an adjustable reamer that was longer by several inches than the axle ends and brought the holes out to .010 oversize. .010 didn't quite get all of the wear out, but I would say it got 95%, so the new kingpins made nearly full contact except for a dime sized area at the bottom edge of the hole. AFTER I did this I had the axle shop straighten the axle and bring it back to spec. I knew that the truck had been in a wreck in 1941 just before my Great Uncle bought it in 1942. Frame was OK but the spring hanger was tweaked such that the passenger side spring didn't line up in the front by about a 1/2". I bought new top leaves for the front spring packs because the bushing hole in the spring eyes were badly worn. On the advice of the spring shop, I put the new top leaf in and heated it up at the rear, red hot and bent it slightly so it lined up in the front. I then sent it back to the spring shop and they re heat treated and tempered it to spec. Every thing lines up fine. The alternative would have been to unrivet the rear hanger and try to straighten it and re attach. Seemed like way more potential for breaking or damaging the hanger than just tweaking the spring a bit.