Turn signals need the 7-wire to work in your tail/brake lights or you will need seperate lights in back if you have 5-wire signal switch.
I put lights on front and sides of my beds, need yellow and red, with yellow at front or front corners of bed. Wire these up to the taillight wire. I use the kits for trailers, just pick ones with lights you like, OR, buy the long trailer light harness and get Brown, yellow, green and some white for ground to wire lights. I run them up to the fuse box on the firewall and inside to the switch for signals, and you have to go thru the brakelight switch to signal switch to have brakes at same time as turns on.
The signals on top of fenders belong there, I use them. Anything 1-ton or bigger had those. You can see them and know you left signal on too! I can't see the one on right in daylight and always left it on in my 54. You can see the light at night. The hood bumps up too high to see light on mine. Course, you could put dual filament sockets in the park lights! frown I just built a wood bed and lights on my 50. Send me your on-line address and I can scan some pix to send to ya. My address is in link above or [email protected]. It has the seperate turn signals in back. I just put white reflectos on the sides as that's what they had on old bed. You can get away with just reflectos on sides and corners, just use yellow on front. Most trailer wiring kits show the wiring needed for most trailers, is same for beds. I also have the three little red ones in center, it looks neat! wink


G.L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750


MM R tractor, Speedex
and Power King tractors