Hi Jerry ,
You and I both know that you are absolutely right and I would imagine that is what I'll eventually do . I just got to fiddling with inverters for TV , VCR , etc. and thought this might not be terribly complicated . Inverters have come down in price and Window AC units are far less energy demanding than they usd to be , cheap and the remote control feature seemed to make it a feasible quest . Seemed a shame to be driving along with a perfectly good AC in the back window that I could not use until parked . I am still curious and anxious to hear from the fellow who makes the alternators and inverters for ambulances , etc.
Thanks for the response Jerry . I will let all of you know what I find out from the alternator developer . I doubt that I would go to the extent of installing a 700 AMP alternator . Just a larger Inverter would not have been a big problem .
Jamie