Hi Larry ,
The 8,000BTU AC shows 7.4 AMPS and 820 WATTS . That should be running . According to GE , start up takes approx. 3 times the running amps so should draw 22.2 amps ( 2,442 watts ) at start . I have not heard from anyone who makes inverters yet . I contacted Coleman and Vector .
It seems that some devices have some sort of inductive current requirement that can't be met with an inverter ?? I am very unclear about that . Makes me think an inverter does not deliver pure 110 V electricity as we know it ??
I have a small RV with a power plant and the roof air works fine on that generator or plugged , of course . My van is just a full size van . Works great plugged in so I am going to go as far as I can on this . I see an inverter in a catalog rated at 2,000 watts continuous and 4,500 watt surge . It is $329.99 and would pay that if it would do the job ??? I'll let you know what I find out . Maybe we can all learn someting from this endeavor ???
Thanks Larry ,
Jamie