Starting looking for a truck in Arizona while taking a winter break in 2009. Missed out on a couple trucks. Back home in the winter of 2010 still looking. A friend kept finding and buying trucks and offered to find me a truck. Well in October 2010 I bought the '55 1st series. The truck is a rust free southern Idaho truck.
The truck was all together but did no run and the brake peddle went to the floor. I started out working on the original engine and the brakes. Just wanted a driver. Replaced the brakes then concentrated getting it running. A friend had 261 engine from a 1962 two ton truck that needed rebuild. I also had a 1985 T5 transmission. The engine is now rebuilt, installed with the T5 transmission.
Really a fun truck. Love the sound of the inline 6 with dual exhaust.

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/20/2025 9:35 PM.