Sorry guys, need to hijack my thread back to my 57 3100...
tracern1; Thanks for the inputs. My first job will be to find out what type of internally regulated alternator I need to go with. I have doubts that what the PO put in here is the right thing to match up, considering the rest of the hack wiring jobs.
I should have gone with EZ wiring, but opted for the original style harness instead. With my skill level, I was looking for a simple swap-out where I could "Garanimal" my way through. I have received the new harness and will likely attempt to install it this weekend. Will keep you posted on how that goes.
Do you have a suggestion on a known alternator type (brand/model) that works for my truck, or should I just ask NAPA for a GM internally regulated unit of (what) amps?
Thanks again,
Jim