Originally Posted by stevebolt
Here are a couple of pics of the rear shocks/springs. Let me know if you see anything blatenly obvious.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Tires are radial, by the way.

Steve,other than the lower shock bushes being at a slightly strange angle,to me the bolt should pass through at right angles to the shock body,everything else looks to be OK.
I don't think the angle would cause any more problems other than the lifespan of the lower shock bush.

Usually excessive bounce is down to 'dead' shocks,like JoeH mentions I would remove a shock and check how much resistance there is,as you've added considerably more weight to the rear of the truck,a full gas tank is pretty dang heavy!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.