APV 60 -
I have never seen a spare tire carrier on the side of the bed in front of the left rear fender, but have seen a few pictures. There is enough room to mount the tire on a carrier in that spot without the dimple in the fender. I think you will probably find when you take all of the surrounding things into consideration - the door opening, the fender and the height that you will have to mount the carrier, it will be down to a few inches one way or the other - not too close to the fender, snug as possible to the bed and enough clearence from the door with consideration to someone who would be entering the door.
Where did you acquire the mount? Just curious.
Joe


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane