Don,

Glad to hear you "pimpin" the Pistons & Pumpers event! Sorry your iron won't be there - you'd be a welcome site!

This is the 4th annual Pistons & pumpers event. It's getting better and better - the Museum has a new Visitors Center on the lower lot, and free passes to all exhibitors. It's a great, family-friendly event, and not just fire trucks. The ATHS chapter will be providing some really big iron, along with specialty vehicles of all sorts.

I agree about trucks of any condition - I think a "rusty but running" truck is as fascinating as the fully restored! We've got a club member that has a 30s vintage Seagrave engine. It's got no seat, and no windshield, and looks unfit for the land-fill. People just gape in amazement when he hand-starts it, and then PUMPS it! Real crowd pleaser.

Hope to see some of you there - Rosie will be the truck pumping from the pond!!! ;-)

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery