...here is what I do and I've fixed some really bad headlights.
I fill up me a windex bottle with water, or use the windex, and start with a piece of 1500 wet sand paper. I simply spray, sand,wipe.... spray,sand, wipe. I then finish off with a spray sand and wipe with the 2000. Then use my favorite auto polish. Looks like new.
If not bad I simply use the 1500 or 2000 by itself.

The sand paper usually come in 5 sheet packs for $4 bucks around here. I can do both headlights with one sheet each.

I ask a local auto body shop that has a super reputation and the owner, a good friend of mine, says this is exactly what they do EXCEPT you can either polish it with finish paste OR spray a light coat or two of automotive clear on the headlights.

I just hate giving my hard earned money away on these kits which are WAY overpriced. Its a "Cash Cow" to the manufacturer's.

Bill, haven't tried Brasso.....thanks for that tip as well.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile