| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 1955 1 Series, 2-Ton, Robert Crandall, 52Carl, fonz8261, greenie-reddy, Forty9, RoadsScholar, 1 invisible),
127
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,343 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | I received the reconditioned wiper motor from the Wiperman today. Looks beautiful. Includes new rubber grommets for the transmission arms and a cute little spring loaded lock clip to hold the arms on. I was glad to get this as I had to fabricate a clip last time I was into these wipers.
The package was delivered to the office this morning, and I went home at lunch and just put that sucker in the truck. Took about 45 mins. Remembered once again why I hate working under the dash.
I recently installed a dual fuel pump in anticipation of the rebuilt vacuum motor.
Fired up the truck and the wipers work fine on a dry windshield. So I went for a drive to see how the wipers would work when I stepped on the gas.
Soon as I put my foot down on the pedal, the wipers come to a dead stop. Now the windshield is dry, but I was really hoping that the vacuum pump half of the fuel pump would help. My vacuum gauge connected to the wiper line showed about 14 when accelerating.
When I had the motor out, I tried the arms from under the dash, and they seemed to be stiff about half way through the stroke. They also squeak a bit. The stud that connects to the wiper arm also seems loose as if a bushing is worn where it comes through the cowl.
This has got me thinking about replacing the wiper transmission assemblies. Seems I saw these were being reproduced.
Any thoughts about this? Shouldn't the dual fuel pump be giving me enough vacuum to operate the wipers during acceleration?
Kurt | | |
| |
| |