First if the turn signal filament is lighting when you pull the parking light switch on, that's an easy fix.....push the wires, with the contacts, out of the socket and rotate 180 degrees and reinsert. Done, now the "low" beam filament will light when you want the parking lamps on.
As far as the "indication" of power to the housing as you stated above and shown in the pics above, what you are showing i believe is continuity not power. What I see is that you have a good ground at the parking/turn signal housing (that is if the lead isattached to the gound of the head light bucket). To check for power you would have to put a probe from a multimeter on a contact and the other probe to the housing/ground, with the switch on.
In your first post ----
I have taken my test light and I'm getting voltage to the bulb socket---- were you using the test light in the photo above or a multimeter
After re-reading ur 2nd post in the tread - do what I say at the begining and ur problem is sovled.....then it's on to the turn signals- oh what a joy!
Last edited by 54barnfind; 03/17/2012 4:22 AM.