Fiddlesticks.

Now you see, if my rods look like this (runs fine, doesn't really even knock), I'll bet the mains look the same. I guess I'll pull a main cap and look.

This might be a dumb Question, but can the mains be replaced with the block in the truck?

I guess I better open and measure up the old 216 I have lying behind the garage.

I've been roaring along running straight 40 oil, I was just planning on doing the rings you see, to stop the smoke.....

My oil pressure is still about 20psi hot, running on the highway, and about 5 at hot idle.

So, (you can see this coming can't you?) If I just put these back in the engine for a while.... How long do you figure it'll last? 5000 miles? And uh, what exactly will happen? Seizure? Or will the copper wear down, and start to knock like the Hot Rod Lincoln? (I'm sure you've heard the story of the hot-rod race?)


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck