| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,798 | I've run 600+ HP round track engines at 7,000 RPM or more on a stock-appearing Carter mechanical fuel pump. I was just wondering why you'd need all that Rube Goldberg plumbing (that's obviously not working) to provide fuel to a street-type Holley 4BBL. The 2-micron filter might be necessary on a Peterbilt to protect the internal workings of a Cummins PT-series injection pump, but there's noting in that Holley that requires fuel that clean. Maybe it's all just for the bragging factor- - - -"Look at what I've got!" Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|