are you afraid of someone dumping some sand in your new tank? get a locking cap! wink I'd say eliminating all the obstructions is the best place to start, the restriction of the filters before the pump are different than the water filter after, who knows how that'll affect an electric pump, they blow better than they suck

I know some folks here prefer to run filters both sides of the pump, but I never run more than an inline can right in front of the carb [with an old original tank], the fuel pump can pass pretty large bits without problems, and the carb inlet screen will prevent any crud getting in there - start simple and if adding another component after it's working is a problem you'll see it immediately

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics