I'm back with an update:

I pulled two rod bearing caps and a main. She's tore up pretty good. Why?

This thing has less than 200 miles on it. The oil is clear and clean. I ran about 20 oz through a coffee filter and there was nothing in it.

The shop only cut the crank .010 so I think there's room to turn it again. We'll see if I can get the shop to at least cover the cost of the machine work and bearings (they have their own shop.)

I have no idea how to test the oil pump. Any ideas? I took it apart and it looks like it's fine. It was suppose to be new. The slot between the pump and distributor is fine.

What should I be looking at as the cause? I'd hate to turn that crank and put it back in just to have this happen again.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100