I thought I'd bring this up again since I'm about to pull the engine. Please let me know what I should be looking for when I drop the pan. Thanks.
This engine was professionally built about 200 miles ago with all new parts. Two weeks ago I was cruisin down the highway when I noticed my oil pressure drop from 31# to 15#. Over the next 5 miles or so I watched drop to near zero. I shut it down and had it towed home. There was the same amount of oil in the pan as there was when I left the house earlier.
Several days later, I started it to turn it around in the garage and I could hear lifters knocking like they were collapsing. I didn't hear anything at the bottom of the engine. I tried to remove the pan in the truck but they had used black RTV and it was glued on pretty good.
This weekend, I plan to pull the engine and take the pan off. What should I be looking for in this thing? I never had any oil pressure issues in the first 200 miles. Thanks.