Saint,
Have a look ing the back of the shop manual, there is a section on how to re-install the distributor when the engine has been turned. That way, you will know the spark is happening at the right time. I couldn't tell from the post above if you'd pulled it or not? If you didn't pull it out, you don't have to now, but you mentioned you might have turned it. This part of the book will tell you how to static time the engine too, and check the plug wiring again.
Then, you can pull one of the boots back on the plug wires, and hold the wire back from the plug an 1/8" or so, you should see a nice bright blue spark there, when someone cranks the starter (with key on).
I find that sometimes when I'm getting frustrated, I have to step back, relax, and start over fresh.
If you can type in full sentences, I'm sure you can do this.
For your amusement, you can read through these stories, and you'll be surprised how much you'll pick up.
http://www.gus-stories.org/Alpha_List.htm