Bill,
Defective new parts? That sounds super. I did actually replace the ignition coil back to original - no change.

Left the rotor (since one of the plastic retainers to the left of the tip was broken allowing it to slide side to side), starter works so leaving that. My original plug wires were bad shape, a few of the connectors are frayed and loose.

The only part I didn't replace was the cap. I don't know.
I just need some guidance and assistance. The money tossing at the ole' beast isn't working. wink ----

funny, no one mentioned the possible flooding at the carb. Did a rebuild on the Rochester a couple weeks ago. Seemed to run better, but still wouldn't restart well at all.

Now, I fear I have multiple problems brought on by my ignorance and raw stupidity. At least it used to idle!!!

Last edited by Saint; 02/05/2012 8:14 PM.