Sounds out of time now (did I rotate the distributor perhaps just slightly when putting it all back together) Will it start or run out of time? IDEAS?
I never removed the distributor from the block. Now, I don't know what to do. Starting is harder than ever and just doesn't sound right anymore.
Just to confirm
It was running fine
You did not remove the distributor from the block
and you may of rotated the distributor?
Correct. It was running fine and idling like a champ, nice and low & steady. (after recent carb rebuild and adjustment) - Truck would NEVER restart after running. 10 seconds running or 10 minutes. Never made sense, so I decided to replace some other ignition parts. Spark plugs were replaced a couple weeks ago, so that should be a problem. (Truck was running good at that time)
Distributor never removed from block. I may have twisted the cap left slightly to "align" it like I thought it was when it was removed. I took pictures and drew a schematic.
I never touched the points. I replaced the condenser, 6v ignition coil and plug wires. The only shifting that may have occurred would have been a twist of the distributor, like pushing against the vacuum advance and twisting slightly right or left. Did this only after I thought it might be a little 'off' when I put the cap back.
I have a new cap on order. Some of the holes in the cap are 'shiny' and some are really dull. Test for continuity confirmed that are ports are OK, but still looks a little worn.
Also replaced starter and heavy 00 gauge fabric covered cables. Grounds are good. Nothing else adjusted.