Originally Posted by EtekRestos
Jerry - ya think I could have the shaft 180 out? If I turn the shaft 180, won't the rotor just point to the other side and I'd have to re-lace the wires?

Yep, the engine doesn't care which piston gets the spark, as long as the valves are right. Your description of the pushrods being loose on #1 with the rotor pointed there is exactly right.

One other thought- - - -you are wiring the firing order in a clockwise direction- - - -right? That's the way the distributor is turning!
Jerry


Last edited by Hotrod Lincoln; 12/09/2011 5:29 AM.

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!