I came home with an AVS 4 Bbl Carter after a show wrapped. (It had been a prop in a gas station scene.} I don't have the carb handy now, but it was an AVS. It has a purple leather cup in the accelerator pump piston position. Some one had monkeyed with it, as it had the primary jets in the opposite place as the secondary jets. Also I read AVS metering rods had 3 steps instead of 2 steps on the AFB metering rods -- the mid range supposed to fill the gap for midrange power. I Don't know of a source for 3 step rods for Carters. A query to the Tech Dept of Edelbrock was less than productive. So I was unable to find the cfm and match it to a clone rebuild kit. I'll dig out the carb numbers and jet and rod sizes later.


Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292 just for GP