| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (WICruiser, Youngin' Tut 59, Rick Brown, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln, KEVINSKI, 3800GUY, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
106
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,589 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | I had this happen on my '51 suburban and I went about 5 years worrying about running out of gas before I finally dug into it.
I had the instrument cluster out as part of a rewire. I inspected the gas gauge and found that the fibre board backing up the contacts had warped and was grounding the gauge. I was able to straighten and reinforce this plate, and the gauge has worked just fine for the past 10 years.
Hey we still need to get together.
Kurt -Burb owner in Raleigh of long standing- | | |
| |
| |