In response to Robert Oleis "Oly" Tech tip concerning valve adjustment under the "Tech Tip" Link....The article is fantastic and lays it out very clear and concise. My concern is due to my recent rebuilt engine, though. I intend to adjust the valves for engine start up today or tomorrow. We’re talking a 1954 235 Truck engine in my ’53 ½ ton. My lifters are mechanical – NOT hydraulic. My question to the Forum, is how can I let my “new” engine Idle for 30 minutes to warm up, when all the "break-in" period information out there would seem to indicate that the initial break in period is anything BUT a 30 minute idle....my understanding of the new engine break in, is that I shoould be up and down with the RMPs, accel, then decel, ....basically driving pretty inconsistent and hard... So when the engine starts, do I let it idle and adjust the valves when it warms up, or just drive it away like a bat out of hell? Any advice appreciated.