| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | .....just my opinion. Get you a pair of perch blocks and sit them on top of you old springs center pin. Then, like cletis says, set the pinion angle and weld the perch blocks.
I did this on my 52 when I went to an open driveline. Just be sure the rear end is where you want it.....like centered side to side and make sure it sits in the fender like you want it to front to back. I tack welded mine and when I get the front end lined up I'm having them do a 4 wheel alignment to make sure its right.....then totally weld the perch blocks.
HOpe this helps | | |
| |
| |