Hey 1955_chevy_6400, I have a 1955 6100 2nd series that came with 3 piece 20" rims. I read the tech article Grigg , Mike B and others put together and decided to go with the 22.5" rims off a 56-59 1 1/2 ton chevy. Tube tire seem to rust inside more easily than tubeless. So I think the 22.5" are a safer bet rust wise. I searched everywhere, craigslist, ebay, junkyards, I ask friends and stopped at many a farm along the roadside. I found a set for $35 apiece plus shipping and that include removal of the tires. It came out to about $65 a wheel and no rust problems. I like searching, it's part of the fun. Put an ad on craigslist and see if you get lucky. There's a set of wheels out there for you somewhere. Good luck! SEE YA! Mark


1955 Chevrolet 6100 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
"A good mechanic doesn't know everything, but he can figure out anything". ~ --My DAD
1955 Chevrolet 6100 Wrecker Video
1955 Chevy 6100 Wrecker Update Video