Originally Posted by glasman
Just a little note on finding GOOD 3 piece wheels. I went that route and searched for wheels and have seen about 3 dozen here and there.
I bought the best of what I could find, very little rust on the outside thinking these would be okay.
After the struggle of removing the tires I was amazed at the amount of rust on the inside of the wheels which rendered these wheels useless.
In the future if I find more of these I will want to see the inside before I decide on it being a good wheel.

Dan

That's exactly what I think. My wheels looked great, and the guys at Less Schawb spent a long time trying to open them up. They got about 3 done and all were rusted beyond service on the inside. That's why I refused to buy any with tires on them. I never did find any and some of the used parts guys stopped emailing me when I asked to have one tire removed. The used wheels were affordable, but shipping would have cost more than the rims. If I got them home and they were crap, I would be out a lot of $$$$. Like I posted before, I had one piece wheels made up for my truck. They don't look that much different than the originals other than being 22.5, the tire profile is about the same and everything fits. They were not cheap to have done, but I feel it was my only option. Good luck on finding some with the tires off or someone willing to remove the tires before the sale.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton