I will try to be as concise as possible with this. . .

Issue: Haven't driven my truck in a long time. Just started driving it frequently again, and while the engine rev's perfectly normally, there is maybe 30% power being put to the wheels that there used to be. Additionally, any time driving at normal speed (approximately 2300-3000RPM), if I hit the gas hard, the engine again rev's as it should, but there is almost no power translated to the wheels. It also really FEELS like a clutch issue.

Specs:
-65 Chevy Truck 350 Engine from a '71 Nova SS, 35K miles since rebuild
-3-speed manual tranny (mechanical clutch), 7K miles since new

My question is this: I would consider 99% of the people in here to be far more knowledgeable than I. . . My thinking is that this is a clutch/pressure plate issue, do you think that's accurate, or at least a good bet? Secondly, if it were a clutch/pressure plate issue, the truck isn't in a place where I can drop the tranny and fix it myself. What would that repair likely cost me, ballpark?

Thanks in advance for your time guys, much appreciated.


Appreciate what you have, work for what you don't
~~~~~~
My \'65 C10 350