Thanks again Fred. I still have not found a replacement gasket - the one that goes on the solenoid flange to close the gap between the metal overdrive mounting location on the transmission and the solenoid flange. I believe that's the one you said you had replaced on the school buses. The solenoid shaft seal (that seal is available from Fifth Avenue and several other vendors I found) changeout was only tough because of the resistant old seal that just would not come out. I never expected that. Having to grind that metal cover out was tough and time consuming, and never, all the time I was doing it was I sure I was doing the right thing. In fact I was sure at times I was ruining the solenoid, but after I got enough of it out to position the new seal -- it still works. Still not sure I did it right, or if there is a right, but it's done now. BTW when I was sure I had ruined the solenoid with my digging and grinding, I found and purchased on ebay a replacement original. It's not here yet, and not sure what I'll do with it when it gets here next week, but it's a spare now. You learn a lot doing this stuff don't you, and hands-on is the only way, (along with the good guidance I get from this website).
Dale