| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Brad is right on about the cracking at the upper part of the cross member. My '50 has the same problem and I suspect that it is the cause of the vibration that I've had at about 40mph. I've been chasing that for five years and haven't been able to nail it down and I probably still won't be able to test it till I do the frame off next year and can make the correct repairs.
I would really like to see some close up pictures of those HD motor mounts. I'm assuming you're going to replace them with the stock motor mount, I would really appreciate it if you could post a few more when you get them out in the open.
Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| tsteckle | 08/17/2011 6:34 PM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| 3B | 08/17/2011 8:48 PM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Brad Allen | 08/17/2011 9:10 PM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Brad Allen | 08/18/2011 12:32 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| tsteckle | 08/18/2011 1:26 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| tclederman | 08/18/2011 2:51 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Denny Graham | 08/18/2011 3:22 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| tsteckle | 08/18/2011 3:34 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Brad Allen | 08/18/2011 4:44 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Denny Graham | 08/18/2011 9:41 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Denny Graham | 08/18/2011 11:26 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Pre '68 Dave | 08/18/2011 4:10 PM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Brad Allen | 08/18/2011 5:26 PM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Denny Graham | 08/19/2011 4:16 AM |
Re: 216 Rear engine mounts, Where are they From??
| Brad Allen | 08/19/2011 8:33 PM | |
| |
| |