All the parts books that I look in have this listing for the rear motor mounts:

1937-53 ALL COMM (exc. ½ ton) pn 3702198 changed from pn 595741

1947-53 ½ TON (2nd design) rear mount is shown as pn 756700. What the difference was in the ½ ton rear mount I have no idea. I’ve always been under the impression that they were the same on all of them.

I see no mention of a “HD” rear motor mount in the 1929-1950 or 1929-1954 parts books. I also looked at all the indexes of the 1947 thru 1954 Chevrolet Service News and the only mention concerning the rear mount that I could find was a reference to the 30° angle change made to the rear cross member for the 1954 model year .

There is an illustration in the early parts book of a pn 598097 mount, however it isn’t listed in the text. That mount looks like it has the same mounting holes as the pn 595741 but has a thicker cross section.

It seems like I’ve seen those cylindrical mounts before but without having an original 1947-53 ½ TON (2nd design) pn 756700 rear mount and an original 1938-53 UTILITY pn 3702173 mount in front of me, I’m really wondering if those mounts in the picture just weren’t some aftermarket motor mount sold by an auto parts outlet.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL