| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,085 Posts1,056,329 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | The firing order on a inline six is 1-5-3-6-2-4. With a split exhaust, there is 240 degrees of crankshaft rotation between each exhaust pulse in the manifolds and pipes. The exhaust pulses in the manifolds go front-rear-front-rear, etc. There's no crowding of exhaust pulses, and plenty of room in each pipe for the flow from individual cylinders. Spliting exhaust on an I-6 actually makes some sense. Dual carburetion is just eye candy unless a great deal of engineering and tuning goes into the process. Jerry For this reason I believe the ones I have made would show little or no difference in performance compared to Fenton’s and/or the Corvette version and probably have better cold start driveability than the former. D.I.Y. info here.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | |
| |
| |