| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,099 Posts1,056,506 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#76573 04/23/2007 1:51 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | Yes, but you will probably need to change the bell housing. I put an SM 420 in my 1 Ton, but I had to change the bell housing and get my forward dive shaft shortened. You may also have to change the starter and flywheel.
I believe the easiest way to solve all of this, since you may need engine work to start with, is to find another 235 with an SM 420 already on it from another later model truck. That is what I would do if I was to do it again.
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | |
| |
| |