Peter, when you put it back in first be sure the nut will thread onto the bolt real easy. If you have someone that can help it will make it easier. Then before putting the mirror/bolt in reach under the cowl and try get the nut position where you need and while you or someone else holds it then GENTLY hold the mirro and thread the bolt into it nut. If you can use a little longer bolt it help as you can "see" what your doing.

As mentioned I moved my mirror up to where the bottom of the mirrow goes in the top hole. I liked the arm sitting up a bit rather than "straight out". I checked the gallery and lots of guys have done that as some look straight out and some look like they're pointed up some. I need to post a pic of how they look mounted....Maybe tomorrow.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile