I will do it more often then that as I usually only do about 500 a year in it.

The oil looked fine. no milkshake stuff. looked like normal oil other than the residue, almost microscopic droplets, at the very bottom.

THanks again!

By the way, I need to install my intake manifold. This is a 1970 350 v8 in it I have read that most people say PRV the water intakes on both sides of the gaskets. and a dap on the end seals on both ends but not on or under the actual rubber end seals other than the extreem ends. OR scrap the end seals and just PRV them. These end seals have the tabs and the spikes that go down into the block so I think they are OK to use as long as you do not PRV them all over.

Does that sound about right?

The directions with the gasket just says a couple daps of high tack not on the water ports but between the water and the fuel runner ports just to hold it in place and high tack the end seals in on the spikes and ends and then they say a dab of PRV on the end seal ends where they go under the port gasket. So no PRV around the water ports?


Last time I did this the end seals squished out on the front passenger side from too much PRV. I ran a bead on the top and bottom of that rubber seal. Ooops. But I also put PRV on the water ports and they seemed to seal well.


What do you recomend?