Ok well I was thinking I could pull each of these head bolts in the valve cover area (18 total, 9 each side) and clean and reseal them but looking at it I would have to remove the rocker arms to get the top center head bolts out.
I am not sure how to properly adjust them when you reinstall them so I am thinking maybe I should bail and let a "proffessional" do it.
Also the couple of head bolts that do not interfer with the rockers (on the ends) seem to be pretty tight. Should be around 80 pounds but I am afraid I may snap the bolts. They have been in there 25 years.
Probably should use an impact wrench to break them loose?
Any guidance anyone? Is this a "no brainer" or should I let someone with smarts on engine internals do it?
I suppose I could just reseal the ones that do not require the rocker removal. That may get most of the weeping down to a minimum.
What is the best way to break these loose without braking a bolt?
Last edited by svwilbur; 05/30/2011 4:16 AM.