Well doc, there might be a bunch of 216s lying around in Iowa, but they are more rare here in Sweden. And I do want to stick with a 216, being the stingy type, I just invested in a rebuilt head I want to stick on the next engine. Long term plan is a new block, but short term is that I want the truck on the road by Easter. The worst that can happen is that the motor dies, and I won't be so much worse off than if it sits waiting in the garage.
I just blew out through all available holes. The drain hole has not opened up yet, but the two holes I drilled in the crack started to gush finally. So I seem to have drained some of the extra coolant. All I really want to do is get the best possible (driest) surface to glue to.
I've got a line on two 216s sitting in Minnesota, and I hope to be able to bring one back as a reserve. The shipping will cost 5 times the cost of the engine.
Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe