Greetings folks,

I remember the 292 L6 engine in my dad's 1963 Chevy C60 had an oil bath air cleaner. When restoring my 1964 Chevy C60 I want to get as close to original as possible.

I have a donor 292 from my 1966 Chevy C60 parts truck, but it is outfitted with a regular element type air cleaner on the carb.

What is the correct air cleaner to be used for medium duty applications? Was the oil bath air filter an optional item at time of order? Or was there a date in which GM transitioned from oil bath to dry element air cleaners?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks kindly, in advance!!


Burgie

1964 Chevy C60 w/ Garwood dump, 327 CID, New Process 540C 5-Speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. 2-speed rear axle
1966 Chevy C60 w/ 292 CID, Chevy 4-speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. single speed rear axle

[b]Burgie's 1964 Chevy C60 Restoration Site[/b]