OK thanks for the suggestions.
I have not had the heads off. I bought it in 88 and it is the same motor and build as back then. At the time it was sold to me I was told it was a fairly fresh rebuild. It has been running fine, does not smoke and has good smooth power so I was surprized to see the antifreeze.
Since 1988 I probably have only put about 10,000 on it if that. Most years I do about 200 miles. so 23 years about 5,000 plus a few heavier early years and what ever from the prior owner.
I may try HOTROD LINCOLN's idea of brushing on some sealant to the head bolt threads and under the head and see if that helps and occasionaly pull the valve covers to inspect and monitor the water and oil levels.
If I have to go through the headache of pulling the heads then I might as well have someone look it over good or rebuild it at the same time.
I might see if I can get the local mechanic to look at it and see what he thinks. He has a couple 55-58 V8 chevy PU he uses so he might have some ideas as well.