I added some pictures to that same link that shows the gaskets and surfaces on the intake manifold.
Off hand I do not see where it would be leaking antifreeze.
Plus if it leaked fromt he intake manifold it would have to drop into the valey and then get flung up into the valve coverarea through one of those small holes on the end. But if that were the case I think it would have oil mixed with it. Maybe it did and it separated?
Or is it more likely that it is coming up from a leaky head gasket and leaking up a head bolt into the valve cover area?
I gently checked a few head bolts and they seemed tight or at least not loose. No obvious leaks out the side of the head or antifreeze in the valey.
Also the dip stick seems to be clean oil no water.
I also see that it looks like the rubber valley seals were improperly installed over the long intake gaskets. It should be under them and some sealent put in the corner ends where they meet. Being on top instead of under the long gasket is probably why one end squeezed out and caused an issue with oil leaks. That and it got misaligned during install. But had nothing to do with the antifreeze.
But where is the antifreeze leak coming from to put antifreeze under both valve covers?
Last edited by svwilbur; 04/27/2011 2:36 AM.