| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,403 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Joe is right. There is a nice write up on hinge pin repair. I found if you read it about 3 times before you start it will help you. Wait until you get your new pins before you "drill" very much. I ended up NOT having to drill the holes on one truck but the pins on another one I did were a little larger and I ended up using a "R" bit....or maybe it was an "S" bit to get just exactly the right size. Don't forget to put in the little door check "horseshoes". Now those can be a challenge if you let it!!
Good luck. Let us know how you do. | | |
| |
| |