You can't see it in the photos, but the PO painted the truck body and it's very orange peel. They laid it on to dry. They didn't take off door handles, sprayed the chrome window trim and didn't even remove the bed to shoot the paint. So the back of the cab is a mish-mash of previous colors and red over spray.

As for the engine, I talked to the mechanic that overhauled it prior to my buying it. Quite frankly, it runs like a scalded ape. I had an independent shop that specializes in hot rods, ASA certified and the owner is the past ASA Colorado chapter President & ASA National chairman check out the engine and do a leak down test and everything checked out to be a very sound engine.

So that has led me into this quandary. How do you clean it up without a complete rebuild? Also note that this truck will be a resto-mod daily driver, so my aim isn't trailer queen perfection. But I won't settle for status quo.

Opinion, rants and stories are welcome.


Paul
1956 Chevy Task Force Webshots
My wife puts knots on my head faster than I can rub 'em. That's why I ask knot-headed questions.